Squalane-based Glow Oil
GLAMIST Glow Oil
The main component of our Glow Oil is squalane, which is a structural component of the lipid layer of the skin. Squalane's main role in our skin is to prevent moisture loss, provide elasticity and protect skin from UV damage. Squalane is the ‘oil’ that gives young, healthy skin that natural glow therefore the term ‘Glow Oil’ used by cosmetic chemists. As we age, the production of squalane decreases dramatically and as a result our skin loses (i) its ability to retain moisture (= dry skin), (ii) elasticity (= lines & wrinkles), and (iii) its natural protection against UV (= pigmentation & uneven skin tone).
GLAMIST Glow Oil is formulated with bio-identical, plant-derived squalane also called phyto-squalane. 'Bio-identical' means it is identical to our skin’s own squalane and therefore rapidly absorbed and incorporated into the skin's structure to restore moisture retention, elasticity and its protection agains UV damage.
Remember, the skin's cell cycle is ±28 days, so make sure to take photos of your skin every 28 days when using a treatment product to visually evaluate the progress in skin texture and structure.
*Don’t confuse squalane with squalene which is extracted from shark liver and is unstable when exposed to UV.
HOW TO USE:
- For intensive hydration & anti-aging treatment: Apply 2-3 drops directly to skin twice a day.
- For added hydration and protection against UV damage: Add 1-2 drops to your favourite moisturiser/serum twice a day before application.
- For over all silky soft skin: Add 3-5 drops to your bath to soothe and moisturise.
- For healthy scalp and hair: Use a syringe to add 1 to 2 ml (1 to 2%) to every 100 ml of shampoo and shake well. Squalane will soothe your scalp, seal in moisture and protect hair against heat and UV damage.
- Non-comedogenic (ideal moisturiser for acne skin)
- Natural UV absorber – protects skin against UVA & UVB
- Imporves moisture retention
- Improves skin elasticity
- Increases cell turnover (skin renewal) – anti-aging
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Enhances skin barrier integrity
- Prevents moisture loss and nourishes scalp
- Provides heat protection and strengthens hair
- Penetrates the hair shaft
- Improves shine
- Enhances elasticity and prevents breakage